Note: The following is a copy of the newsletter sent to my email subscribers.
Subscribe to the newsletter
I intend to send no more than two emails per month. You can unsubscribe anytime.
My name is A.I. Sajib. You are receiving this email because, at some point, you visited my blog at ais.blog and decided, very kindly, to subscribe to my email newsletter. This is the very first email I’m sending to that newsletter. And I couldn’t be happier that you’re here to be a part of this journey, which I hope will last a long time. 🙂
Over the past couple of weeks, I’ve been spending a lot of time thinking about how to finally start sending emails to this newsletter. I’ve been brainstorming for a while to come up with a cool name for it. I haven’t found any (and suggestions are welcome!), but I decided to start sending anyway because I’m ready to write and connect with you.
Since this is the first email in this list, I thought I’d go over a few things. I apologize for making this a bit wordy. I promise I’ll keep things short from the next round. 😅
What will I write here?
Good question. My writings here will consist of more or less the following topics:
- Gadgets. I bet you know that I love gadgets, so I will write about what gadgets I’m using, what I’m planning to buy, and small details about various everyday gadgets that might not make it to a full-fledged blog post.
- Remote work. Although neither my blog nor this newsletter is focused exclusively on remote work, it is a big part of how I work. So I will be writing things about remote work regularly. Expect to hear how I juggle study, personal hobbies, and remote work, as well as tips and tricks if you’re just getting into it. A great place to start might be this post about “How to avoid burning out when working from home.”
- Apps and Tools. Basically, my workflow or any new apps or tools that I discover that are worth sharing. You can read the latest about Google Photos alternatives here.
- Apple. Apple could fall into both “gadgets” and “Apps” areas, but I think it deserves to be mentioned as a separate thing because I’m a big Apple fan and I’m deep into the ecosystem which I thoroughly enjoy. If you’re an Apple user too, I think you’ll enjoy some of the Apple discussion that makes it into the newsletter.
- Travel. I’m not really a big traveler. I like being indoors. When I go to places, I do more of a hotel-hopping than going outdoors. However, the few times I do travel, I gather tons of insights and thoughts that I will share with you here. With the pandemic, nobody knows when travel will be easy again. But whenever that does, I will share more with you.
- Cars. I love cars. I love driving. And I would be cheating if I didn’t warn you in advance that there will be cars in my emails. 😀 In case you haven’t read this, here’s “How I got into cars.”
- Life. As an introverted person, most of my talks happen with myself on my mind. I view the world — and the current affairs around me — and I think. They all affect our lives, one way or another. I want to keep this newsletter personal. So I will share some of my views on life in general, often influenced by the current state of the world.
Why should you keep reading my newsletter?
Honestly, I have no idea. 🙂 I’m a very simple person with a passion for writing, but I’m neither famous nor an expert at anything that warrants my access to your inbox. But I would be very honored, and it will give me great joy (and add more purpose to my writing) if you continue reading my newsletter.
With that said, here are a few things that I will try to keep in mind throughout the entirety of my email newsletter journey.
- I believe it is incredibly generous of you to permit me to send my writings to your inbox. I will honor this by not flooding your inbox with meaningless emails. I will limit my sending to a maximum of two times per month.
- I would love to hear from you! If you like something on my emails or have your opinion to add, please send a reply. I will be a very happy writer. 😀
- I understand that you may feel that you do not connect with me or my writings, and so you may want to opt-out of receiving further emails. That is totally cool. All emails will contain an unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email.
For a first email, I think I’ve taken enough of your time so I will end it here. I can’t express enough how excited I am about finally starting my own newsletter! Thank you, truly, for joining me as I venture into this unknown-yet-exciting territory.
I hope you have a good weekend.
Stay safe, healthy, and happy.
Finally, here’s a handwritten “Thank you” for you. I used the Procreate app on the iPad Pro with Apple Pencil. You can tell that I’m no artist; yet. 😉
Feel free to follow me on any of these social networking sites.